caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy 1st birthday Solomon!


One year ago today, our rainbow baby Solomon was born.  One year and nine months ago, our sweet Lilly passed away.  What a gift Solomon has been in bringing healing to our broken hearts.  To filling our arms back up.  To bringing more amazement back into our lives.  I thank the Lord for him every day, as I do for our other children.  Believe me, I do not take any child for granted.

I've purposely delayed giving Solomon grains of any kind, so when it came time to think "birthday cake" I wasn't sure what to do.  Hunter pointed out that Solomon's favorite food is bananas so he suggested a banana cake.  So that's what I made.  I had no idea if he would eat it, but figured we needed a photo if nothing else!:



Solomon wasn't sure what to do with it:


But he found he enjoyed hitting the cake with his spoon and then throwing bits onto the floor:



Solomon thought eating wrapping paper was much more tasty:



Yesterday I made Solomon his birthday t-shirt.  Of course it was huge on him today, but I know it will fit a bit better each birthday to come:




After supper, I gave Solomon a piece of "Lilly chocolate" to try.  He decided that was a birthday treat much more to his liking:



(You can see Lilly eating her chocolate here. )

"O give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known His doings among the peoples!"  - 1 Chronicles 16:8

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Solomon! Looks like it was fun!!

    ReplyDelete