caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's been 3 weeks today

Thank you to whoever the anonymous person is that left the little angel ornament on my husband's desk at work. It's so cute and looks great on Lilly's memory tree! :)

It was 3 weeks ago today that Lilly went to be with Jesus. It feels like forever ago. At times I find myself still feeling puzzled over what exactly happened. We knew Lilly was sick but we really thought she was getting better. She was on an antibiotic. Her pulse ox numbers were good, although I admit I didn't check her the last day or two because they had been good and her breathing sounded normal. She was eating and sleeping well. She was cheerful and energetic. On the day she died her nose had cleared up. She did have a new cough I didn't like but she only coughed a couple times the whole day! And she had recently had her heart fixed. Considering she had almost died 5 times before, and had pulled through, we just weren't expecting it this time. And so I think "just what happened?!" I am curious from a medical standpoint.

Yet at the same time it just doesn't really matter. I am just glad for Lilly, and for us, that when God decided it was her time He took her so incredibly gently.

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail." - Lamentations 3:22

2 comments:

  1. I have wondered too, but Lilly's work on earth was completed. He who began a good work in her perfected it and took her home to her reward. i pray that those of us left behind will not forget all the "Lilly lessons," she taught us: unconditional love, a forgiving and happy spirit, a positive attitude, and a ready smile for others -- just to name a few. what a huge blessing that little girl was to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TabbyandLilly4ever!January 6, 2012 at 6:19 AM

    Seems like it's all still yesterday. I can't wait to go to the graveyard and "Visit with Lilly"!!!

    ReplyDelete