caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Green in Lilly's memory garden

I was so excited to find last week a lily flower bulb has grown in Lilly's memory garden that we recently planted in our yard. As of today we have three growths like today's 2nd picture. The 1st picture today shows the little statute I got for Lilly for Easter, right outside the garden. I will probably put it inside the garden once everything grows in. (I just don't want to cover anything up accidentally by putting it in now.)

The lily plants in this garden all need direct sunlight. Last week I bought some lily-of-the-valley, which like shade, so I planted those along our fence between some Easter lilies. I also planted a pink bleeding heart right in the middle - I think that will give it a beautiful burst of color. Hopefully everything will grow.

I was happy to read today that Bella Santorum was released from the hospital today. She has pneumonia again. It is the most incredible feeling walking out of the hospital with a child that you're not sure if will make it or not. I felt that every time we left a hospital with Lilly. (Five times total.) Such a feeling of triumph! I would carry Lilly in my arms smiling and thanking God for pulling her through again.

Here is a link to a good article that I was happy to read, entitled "Trisomy 18 and 13: More Children Like Bella Santorum Survive." A new study was done which showed "a significant number of children with the condition are actually surviving to older ages, though it takes a lot of medical care to keep them going." The study was published yesterday in the journal Pediatrics. So many in the medical community need to be educated to this fact.

For those that have been asking, we now have a date for Rainbow Baby's ultrasound. Next Wednesday, April 18. I feel a mix of emotions but am overall excited about it. I'm curious, what will God do next?

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment