caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lilly's memorial tree - April


Photo 1: Our Lilly bunny! See photos 2 and 3 to see what we've done with Lilly's special bunny hat this month.


Today marks what would have been Lilly's 21 month birthday. So we put new decorations on her memorial tree to honor her. April's theme is crosses and Easter lily flowers, honoring both Lilly and Jesus.


We made the crosses out of cardstock and decorated them. I don't believe I've ever done anything like that and actually felt a bit odd decorating crosses! I know that the cross represented a terrible way to die. There was no beauty in it. That is in any cross but the one Jesus was crucified on. Jesus died a horrible death on the cross, but he took our sins upon him. Because of Jesus we have the hope of eternal life in the new heavens and new earth. Because of Jesus I will one day hold my Lilly girl again! That is a gift that is too wonderful for me to ever repay!

Our Easter lilies that I hooked onto the tree turned out a bit disappointing. I thought I'd gotten a real bargain - a bag full of fake Easter lilies at a really really cheap price. But when I opened the bag, many were completely flattened. And the fabric is just so terribly cheap that even when I fluffed them up, the wouldn't stay that way. I guess you really do get what you paid for with fake flowers! Oh well Lilly, mama tried - it's the thought that counts, right?

Still, the tree looks good. Especially with Lilly's special Easter bunny as the tree topper!

No comments:

Post a Comment