caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, June 3, 2012

My new beautiful picture of Lilly in Jesus' arms

What a wonderful day! Today I received the most amazing birthday present from my husband.  Ever since Lilly died, I have wanted a picture done of Jesus holding Lilly.   And today I received the one pictured here.  Isn't it just so beautiful?  And it looks just like Lilly!  (See photo below.)  Lilly's smile is so trusting and delighted.  And Jesus so calm, strong, and peaceful.

When he showed me the picture I just started crying.  But it was happy tears.  He had hired a former art teacher from the private school he works at to do the drawing.  The picture is very large and was done in pastels.  I'm going to have it matted and framed.  And we're going to receive prints from it.  I want to get greeting cards made too.

I hate that Lilly is not in my arms anymore.  But I could not ask for anything better than for her to held by and cared by Jesus.  I'll hold you one day again little girl!


After Lilly died, we received several cards with the lyrics to the hymn "Safe in the Arms of Jesus" by Fanny Crosby.  I had never actually heard this hymn before.  The title of the hymn is the perfect title for the Lilly and Jesus drawing.

Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast,
There by His love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.
Hark! ’tis the voice of angels, borne in a song to me.
Over the fields of glory, over the jasper sea.


Refrain
Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast
There by His love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.

Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe from corroding care,
Safe from the world’s temptations, sin cannot harm me there.
Free from the blight of sorrow, free from my doubts and fears;
Only a few more trials, only a few more tears!


Refrain

Jesus, my heart’s dear Refuge, Jesus has died for me;
Firm on the Rock of Ages, ever my trust shall be.
Here let me wait with patience, wait till the night is over;
Wait till I see the morning break on the golden shore.


Refrain

The artist of the Lilly and Jesus picture told my husband that she felt she really got to know Lilly by doing the drawing.  That was beautiful to hear.  :)  I hope to meet her soon and learn more in person.

5 comments:

  1. the picture is beautiful and frank gets an A+!!!

    can't wait for my copy.

    Safe in the Arms of Jesus was a popular hymn when i was growing up. it would be nice to sing it again.

    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift by a very talented artist! I know it will bring you joy every time you look at it. Awesome gift, Frank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a perfect gift! I can only imagine the joy that filled your heart when you received this gift second only to the gift you have as being the mother of your babies. Happy birthday and many blessings!

    In Christ,

    CMWH

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH I LOVVVVE it, so very sweet and comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me cry. :) It is so beautiful and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete