caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, June 1, 2012

T's digital scrapbooking page


Today my daughter T. got to try out the My Memories Suite software that I received for free to review.  This is picture is of the first digital scrapbooking page she created.  She is 10-almost-11 years old and needed very little help on moving around in the scrapbooking program.  She even taught me something - how to add "imprints."  (The purple scroll looking things next to the picture of her and Lilly.)  This digital scrapbook page took her less than 15 minutes for everything.  (Like me - the hardest part was choosing the photo!)

Then a bit later, she got back on the program and whipped out three more great scrapbooking pages in a short amount of time.  These really are so easy to make!

Our 3 year old H. likes to be creative too.  Yesterday he said he wanted to "cut and glue" a picture of Lilly.  I wasn't really sure what he meant but he cut out a strip of paper and said it was Lilly's body, then glued it to another piece of paper.  Then he drew Lilly's body, added googly eyes and a pom pom nose, and ladybugs for Lilly to hold.  He was so pleased with his picture.  I thought it was cute in a whimsical sort of way.  I'm so glad he drew Lilly smiling.

The children of the Kwant family also love to do projects to remember their baby sister Hannah, who lived 64 days with Trisomy 18.  Their two latest posts showing memory projects are here and here.  T. and I always enjoy looking at the Kwant's latest projects and getting ideas.  (Big sister C. has an Etsy store where she sells things she makes in memory of Hannah.  You can click there through the sidebar on the right of this blog.  You can also check out her blog of items she is making here - I admit I am partial to her latest post - on lily hair flowers!)

Don't forget!  The My Memories Suite free software contest ends in one week!  Get all the details about how to enter on my last blog post or here.  And thank you to everyone that has entered!  We've been enjoying your comments and emails!

2 comments:

  1. tabby rose did an excellent job! her photography skills are also growing. she has a knack for setting her subjects up in creative/interesting poses. looking forward to her next round of shots. p used one of JL that tabby rose took on his fb page yesterday.

    ReplyDelete