caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Luther

I admit I am not a fan of men and boys wearing pink shirts.  But Solomon in a PINK Bumbo seat - now I like that!







Solomon said he doesn't mind the pink - it's fun to sit in big sister Lilly's Bumbo.  (Thanks to A.S. for loaning it to us in the first place!)  Lilly was never able to sit alone in the seat for more than a couple minutes.  But she often got practice in it during our therapy.





When I was a girl, I had pet gerbils.  One was named Rebel.  After he died I got another I named Whippersnapper.  My kids like hearing stories about them, especially the one when I took Rebel to the vet because he was dehydrated.  (Wow - I can't believe my parents spent that money.)  Anyway, Tabby decided that having gerbils sounded like so much fun that she saved her money and bought two yesterday.

Named after Tabby's long time favorite couple in history, here is Martin and Katharina Luther:




And here they are separately.  Martin Luther (looking for where to nail his 95 Theses?):




And Katharina:




I asked Tabby what the real Martin and Katharina would think, having gerbils named after them.  She shrugged and said they would be flattered.

And maybe.  From what I've read about Martin Luther he had a big sense of humor.  Though, he may prefer to have a dog named after him:

"The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common.  Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest." - Martin Luther

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful group of people! Your kids are so interesting! Tell Tabby I had a hamster when I was about her age. He was great fun until he died on Christmas Day, that was a heart breaker! Hope you all enjoy your furry family friends!

    ReplyDelete