caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Whistlin' Dixie

I was looking at pictures on my cell phone while riding in the car this afternoon.  I loved finding the very first picture of Lilly I took on my cell phone:



Such a beautiful, tiny little thing!  I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of my cell phone.  I miss you angel girl!  I know you look so beautiful in heaven!

For a variety of reasons, we decided to get another dog.  We already have one, Lucia, who is a Labrador-terrier mix. She is a big, sweet rather frumpy looking dog.  Hunter wanted a German Shepherd, and Tabby wanted a Collie.  Amazingly, we found an ad on CraigsList for a free dog named Dixie that was a German Shepherd - Collie mix!

We brought her home this afternoon.  Lucia was thrilled.  At first.  Dixie seems interested but I think it might be a few days before she adjusts.  Dixie is on the left, Lucia on the right:

Quick - do you remember what day God created dogs?

"Then God said, 'Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to it's kind'; and it was so. . . .Then God saw everything He had made, and indeed it was very good.  So the evening and the morning were the sixth day." - Genesis 1:24, 31

One of the first words Hunter learned to read was "God." He was delighted "dog" is God backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment