caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, April 18, 2013

About that SPOONful of sugar . . .

Last week I mentioned that I was having a HORRIBLE time getting Solomon to take his medicine.  I was trying to give him an antibiotic using a medicine dropper and he was screaming and crying, and most was coming back out.  I had the idea of trying to feed it to him using a spoon instead of the dropper, and amazingly it worked!  He fussed the first few minutes and then was, and has been, fine for the most part.  Maybe the dropper was just too foreign to him?  I just wanted to pass that tip on in case anyone has the same issue with a baby or young child.

Tabby, who I think would be happy spending most of her days beading, made me Lilly-colored angel earrings and a suncatcher.  I love them!  Solomon loves the earrings so much that I can't wear them anymore until he's a little older.  ;) 


The old farmhouse we live in was built before the time of electricity and running water. These things were added later.  Air conditioning never did get put in upstairs.  So last week, when the weather turned hot, Frank put a/c window units into the two rooms.   Hunter (aka The Appliance Kid) loves his window unit so much that he had Frank help him make one to play with out of a box.  It even has working knobs and an old electrical cord.  It is named "Knobby."



The other day Hunter took his little fan and put it in the box and plugged it in.  He pointed out that his window unit now made noise and blew air, just like a real window unit.  

Tabby and her friend Cassie (angel baby Hannah's big sister) both have businesses in honor of their sisters.  They frequently like to trade things they make.  Last week a big package arrived from Cassie and it had gifts for all of us.  Cassie had even made bow ties - with Lilly's picture on them - for the boys!  Here is Solomon sporting his bow tie and a big smile (can you tell he's all better now?):


"This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

1 comment:

  1. LOL That picture of Solomon makes me LAUGH!!! So cute.
    Hunter and his fans.... I would love to see into that little mind of his.
    Our big girl Tabby. She is quite talented. <3

    ReplyDelete