caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Peep! A Taste of Freedom & Lilly's lily garden

Yesterday was a nice sunny day and warm enough for the chicks to go outside for the first time.  Frank and Tabby cleaned out the chicks homes while the chicks explored.  We currently have them in two tall boxes because they got too big for their swimming pool home.

At first they stood baffled in two groups.  They must have thought they had to maintain the segregation that had experienced in the two different boxes after being separated a few days ago!






Finally their tiny chick brains remembered that they were not foes, but friends:


"So how's it been guys and gals?"


The dogs wanted to meet the new biddies so bad!  Not yet girls ...


Cleaning out the feeders:


Awwww ... the chick is so cute!


Meeting at the water cooler!





Solomon is slightly amused:





The biddies were all tired out after several hours of getting to scratch and peck outside.  Here they are back in their clean temporary homes:






On a different note, my little garden in memory of Lilly is doing pretty well.  Tabby had dug up the bulbs in her garden we had at our old house.  I replanted them, along with a bunch of new lily bulbs.  Things are growing:






I haven't tucked her decorations back in yet.  I thought I ought to wait to see where the lilies appeared so I didn't accidentally cover any up.

Solomon wore this outfit to church today - it is smocked with owls.


Hunter made me laugh - he said he loved Solomon to wear clothes like this because the white part of the smocking made him think of air filters in cars.  LOL!  He's right.  I made this one extra large, trying to show the white part of the smocking for those of you that don't pay attention to this sort of thing, but it's not too easy to see.  


Air filters.  What next?  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Lisa,

    This is JL, I like your chicks.
    I would really like to come over and pet one.

    Love,
    JL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Lisa,

    This is Clara.
    The chicks are cute.
    I would like to come see them.

    Love,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete