caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Little angels

Weight check = 6 lbs. 5 oz.

Today Lilly wore a cute dress that my multi-talented friend K. made. The dress has a matching clip but Lilly needs a little more hair for that to work. I love the bottom picture with Lilly's feet sticking out - I don't normally think much about feet but I just love Lilly's soft little feet. :)

I always appreciate everyone's comments. In particular there were two comments posted to my Sunday's entry that I was very interested to read. The first was from the mother of Brianna, a beautiful little girl that had trisomy 18 and lived 28 months. http://briannagiveshope.blogspot.com/

The other comment was from Abbie, the older sister of a trisomy 18 little boy that lived for 61 days. You can read sweet Phillip Gregg's story here:
http://sikmaarchives.wordpress.com/philips-story/

We first learned about Phillip through Samaritan Ministries, our health insurance alternative. (I described Samaritan in my Oct. 25, 2010 entry.)

Our hearts ache for both Brianna's and Phillip's families. And yet there's joy. First in knowing where the souls of these wonderful children are. Second in knowing their families will see their beloved children again one day. And thirdly, knowing that these children blessed the lives of so many on earth.

Reading about other trisomy 18 children always brings up such a mix of emotions in me. So I've really been trying to focus on this scripture, where Jesus says:

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

I had some "excitement" last night. Lilly's NG tube decided to start leaking all over the place a little after midnight. Thankfully I was able to insert a new one after only a couple tries. Today Lilly yanked the tube partway out and put my oldest daughter into hysterics. Never a dull moment!

4 comments:

  1. She looks so alert. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ninny...so alert!!!! I love the outfit:) you look beautiful in everything, lilly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big girl Lilly is becoming! Sorry for the excitement....but praise God for the NG tube! I love anything handmade and the dress is adorable. It was very thoughtful of your friend to make it. Don't worry about the hair Lilly, Mallorie doesn't have much hair either :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her eyes! Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete