caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy 4 months birthday, Lilly!



Weight check = 6 lbs. 6 ozs.

Today Lilly turned 4 months old! God is so good and merciful to us to let us keep her longer. Praise Him!

My other two children wrote Lilly birthday wishes on our schoolroom whiteboard this morning. One thing my daughter wrote to Lilly was "you deserve wings." I agreed but said "not yet please!" God is obviously not done with Lilly yet. She's done so much to show His glory and has more to do.

"And now the LORD says, Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, To bring Jacob back to Him, So that Israel is gathered to Him (For I shall be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, And My God shall be My strength), ...." Isaiah 49:5

I love thinking that God formed Lilly to be His Servant. :)

I was so happy to learn today that [T-18] baby G. who had open heart surgery not too long ago, is doing very well and feeding from the bottle. Yay baby G.! I love cheering these children on. And praying for them too!

I've been in touch with a couple moms recently of trisomy 18 children. I mentioned to my husband that there is such instant bonding between us. He said that tragic events really do bond people together. He said that happens for him when he meets others who have had a close family member die in a car wreck.

Lilly is lying across me as I type and putting her knuckle into her mouth. She's started doing that a lot lately. She's still not opening her hands (other than sticking out her ring fingers at times) so the whole knuckle just goes into her mouth.

10 comments:

  1. she is really beginning to fill out those little suits! so cuddly.
    and I can't wait to see that second smile
    much love
    mj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear little family, love to you all. Lilly, you are so cute! x Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is looking so much healthier x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Lilly! You look so sweet in your little sleeper. We are thankful you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Lilly!!!!! you are
    4 months old!!!

    love,
    tabby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Lilly!!
    I wish you many more beautifull days and lots of times to come with youre lovingly family.
    Big little kiss for you from across the planet x :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Happy birthday to little Lilly! She is a cutie pie, a charmer, an absolute beauty! I wish for her God's abundant grace, much love, and His healing hands surrounding her each and every day she blesses us all with her sweetness. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Lilly!!! I love you!!!

    love,
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete