caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Miss Tiny Hiney


Weight check = 6 lbs. 8.5 ozs.

Today I was struck by how Lilly's thin arms are getting a little meat on them. (Second picture. First picture is posted just because it cracks me up. What do you think Lilly is saying to me in it?!)

In the past two weeks we've really noticed that Lilly is putting on weight. It is incredible what a pound will do. She no longer looks like a skeleton with skin that hangs and bones that stick out. She still is thin compared to normal babies, but she's really rounding out. The skin on her thighs, hips, and tooshie are filling out nicely. I noticed Sunday that though her tiny hiney still fit in my hand, it was finally widening and her hip bones don't jut out. (A couple nurses at the hospital in Fla. said that Lilly had the "tiniest hiney" they'd ever seen. We agreed!)


Lilly has a long way to go to being chubby, but by God's grace she's on her way. :)


"I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

7 comments:

  1. She is saying,
    "I guess my new nickname is 'TINY HINEY'"
    (Isn't hiney such a cute word?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're sending you kisses, Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she says "Mama, don't say things like that! It's embarrassing, and there is nothing wrong with my hiney"

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's saying, "so you're calling me tiney hiney?!!!!" lol...i love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying fervently for Lilly, you, Frank, and the other kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa,
    It's wonderful seeing our niece gain weight! Praying that she'll continue packing on the pounds ...

    ReplyDelete