caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, December 3, 2010

Bundling up and banquets


Here are several pictures from yesterday.

We went for our after lunch walk and it was in the upper 40s. I have trouble figuring out how much to bundle little Lilly up when it's cold out and how many blankets to tuck around her in the stroller. So whenever we get home I like to take her inside and check how her skin feels. Too warm or too cold - then I can adjust for next time.

Lilly loves her stroller rides which is great because we all need the fresh air and I need the exercise. We live in a great neighborhood for walking, which is a blessing. I'm not the type that would regularly drive somewhere else to walk.




In the last two pictures, Lilly and big sister are dressed up for sister's annual Keepers At Home banquet. They even have on matching socks, courtesy of a co-worker of my husband. (Keepers At Home is like a club. We meet with our group of homeschooling moms and daughters once a month a learn a new skill.)



Lilly is also wearing the cutest little knitted Mary Janes. :) They were knitted by my friend K. (who made my "Lilly Bag"). K. sells black and also red knitted Mary Janes at her Etsy shop, where all profits go to help orphans. http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftingadoptions

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lilly! You look soo cute in mary janes!!

    Love,
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so pretty!!! little angel!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks lovely! Must be all the love she gets from you and her strong will to grow up as well as her big sister:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both their outfits! hugs and kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete