caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Preparing for Christmas


Today was my favorite annual tradition of the Christmas season. The day we all went to the Christmas Tree Farm and found and cut a tree. It was so wonderful having Lilly with us! I remember shortly after she was born daring to hope that just maybe, the Lord would spare her and she would still be with us at Christmas time. (That is significant to me because so many trisomy 18 babies never even make it 6 months old. She'll be 6 months Jan. 4.)

Today was cold and raining off and on. So I bundled Lilly in several layers. Thankfully the rain stopped long enough for us to find our tree and take some pictures.

In today's second picture Lilly is being a "tree topper angel." As you can see - she slept the whole time!

When we got home we put up our tree lights and I gave the children each their annual Christmas ornament. (I give them each a new one every year so that they'll have their own collection of special ornaments when they move out one day.) I decided Lilly's first ornament would be an angel since she's my earth angel.

Again, I'm just so thankful and thrilled that Lilly is here at this time with us!

"It is good to give thanks to the LORD, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, And Your faithfulness every night, . . . ." - Psalm 92:1-2

6 comments:

  1. amazing that she could sleep through that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the angel-ornament. looks like she likes it too :-)
    Sleep tight little Lilly. The most wonderful time of the year is still to come and you are the cuttiest little angel anybody can have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey little angel!! Too bad you can't be OUR tree topper. :)

    Your sis,
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is our "bundle" of joy all bundled up

    ReplyDelete
  5. she told me today that she wasn't really sleeping, just playing possum so she wouldn't have to help cut down the tree!

    ReplyDelete