caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gingham girls



A co-worker of my husband noticed Lilly wearing the gingham Christmas dress in an earlier post. She sweetly passed on her own daughter's gingham dress to my daughter T., so that T. would have a dress to match Lilly. (T. is obsessed with matching Lilly so she loved this!) Check out Lilly's double chin in the picture! How can a baby this small have a double chin??!!

In my last post I mentioned Lilly's "bouncing eyes" (where she has trouble focusing at times). A mama of a Trisomy 18 daughter (19 months old) e-mailed me to say her daughter used to have that problem but that she didn't anymore. That was good to hear!

The Christmas season always seems to be the busiest time of the year. I had Lilly to help me this year. She patiently sat for several hours with me as I worked on Christmas cards. (Lilly now fits nicely in the moby wrap which is much more comfy for me than the ring sling.)

My daughter T. and I like to follow the blogs of several little T-18 girls. T. commented this evening that there seem to be more girl T-18 babies that survive than boys. She is absolutely right. I'm not sure why that is, but it is a fact.

7 comments:

  1. i love your dresses, tabby & lilly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Love gingham and double chins and our girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. A DOUBLE CHIN? WOWIE! NEXT THING SHE'LL HAVE IS DOUBLE RINGS ON HER THINGS LIKE THE OTHER 2 HAD.
    WOULDN'T THAT BE A WELCOME SITE?
    THEY LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A DOUBLE CHIN? WOWIE! NEXT THING YOU KNOW, SHE WILL HAVE DOUBLE RINGS ON HER THIGHS LIKE HER SISTER AND BROTHER HAD. WON'T THAT BE A WELCOME SIGHT?
    I LOVE THOSE GIRLS' PICTURES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're wishing you and your beautiful family a joyous Christmas!!

    We love you,
    Mark, Michele, Abby & Kari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilly, I can't wait until we have lots & lots of matching clothes!!!

    Yours,
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete