caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Christmas Holly Hobbie


Many people thought Lilly looked like a baby doll today. (Or as Lilly's sister said - she looked like "Holly Hobbie.") The camera/lighting does not do justice to how cute this red checked Christmas dress looks on her.

One of my new friends - A., that I met through this blog, loaned Lilly two of her daughter's Christmas dresses. This is one. It's a preemie size and thankfully it is really about too small!

I think the reason Lilly didn't gain weight this week is that she had a growth spurt. This morning I packed up all her sleepers that were "newborn" size. She's now officially in size 0-3 months. We increased the amount of milk she is getting yesterday and thankfully she's handling it well this time.

Lilly's red knitted Mary Jane's were hand knitted by my friend K. She sells them on her Etsy website: http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftingadoptions

3 comments:

  1. and Lilly's sister is exactly right..Holly Hobbie it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look like Holly Hobbie! I never thought of that....but Mallorie never wore the bonnet and I think that is what really makes it look that way:) Aren't you glad that it's almost too small???? She's precious!

    ReplyDelete