caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lilly books


Our family loves books. Reading time is a sacred thing in our home! Our bookshelves threaten to overrun us, we have so many. My husband and I often say "so many books to read, so little time!" Reminds me of what King Solomon wrote:

". . . Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body." - Ecclesiastes 12:12

Library day is an exciting day. Lilly got to go with us yesterday since it is summer and not the scary-dangerous-flu-season yet. She enjoyed getting out. Today's first picture is of Lilly helping big sister search for a book at the library computer.


At our home we have three special "Lilly books." In today's second picture you can see two pink books with Lilly on the cover. These are books I have had printed off her blog. Volume 1 is from when I started the blog last August through the end of the year. Volume 2 is this year January 1 - June 30. They are wonderful keepsakes for us. I got three printed of each: one for me, one for my older daughter, and one that I have put up for my son for when he's old enough. We had the books printed by:
http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html

A number of you have said you miss the picture of Lilly's smiling face that we used to have as our blog header. If you scroll to the bottom of this webpage, you can see that picture again. :)


The last two pictures are of Lilly's medical records notebook. This enormous tome is in a 3 inch binder and weighs over 7 lbs. It's the kind of thing I'd grab if there were a fire in the house! It has all of Lilly's medical information and therapy information. I take it to all her appointments with us and of course hospitalizations. It has proved many times to be invaluable. The nurses have all thought it was great and can even easily find information they need in it.










No comments:

Post a Comment