caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Failed

Lilly is officially sick. Her temperature is 101 degrees. She's got extra congestion and a bit of a cough. I had to put oxygen on her while she slept and her blood/oxygen levels on the pulse ox are lower than normal. (Upper 80s to low 90s today.)

I feel like I failed to protect her from the colds and fevers her siblings have. I know it's hard to do in one home. But I really tried.

However, I did get a couple of ideas from Aaron's mom and from Ann Barnes, author of the Trisomy 13 & 18 handbook that I have a picture of and link to in the lower right side of this blog. From their ideas here is what we will do next time someone is sick, in addition to what we're doing: everyone will dry their hands on paper towels or their own towel (I'm going to put a towel rack on the door of our main bathroom and each person will get assigned their own hand towel), I'm going to the thrift store and will get a really big shirt/smock to wear when I pick up Lilly, will keep handles and door knobs and the computer keyboard and mouse wiped very frequently, and anyone that is sick that must hold Lilly (me I guess!) will wear a mask. My husband also said that next time Lilly will be kept out of the same room as the sick person.

Of course there is only so much we can do. Lilly's health, sickness and life is in God's hands. Please pray with us that the Lord will heal her, again, and that she won't have to be hospitalized for this.

"Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled." - Psalm 6:2

7 comments:

  1. Aww...poor little Lilly! Feel better soon! Praying for you.

    Jenny (Julia's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did NOT fail! It's hard for someone to not get sick when another is sick in the house. Good tips for next time. Hope Lilly is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty picture of you lilly.
    so sorry you are sick little one. praying, praying,
    praying.
    love,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did not fail. You are a sweet, loving and careful mama. I'm not minimizing the concerns but do not let Satan take your eyes off of Jesus. Lilly still looks adorable and she is a strong baby. We'll keep praying.

    in Christ,

    CMWH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear Lilly, do you have a runny nose? Poor Mama is worried of course, but she is such an awesome mama she will do everything to keep you safe. Remember to get Mama to lay you on your face on an angle facing downhill and gently tap your lungs to get all that old mucus moving! And sleep propped up a bit at night too. You little darling. Carol in NZ loves you. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joining you in prayer. Lilly is so strong and the Lord so much stronger!

    I keep thinking of her building up immunity to various viruses so that she won't get them post-surgery when she is less able to fight. Her little body is building soldiers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still praying and will pray harder for her. Stay strong for her. I will be praying for you to.

    ReplyDelete