caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Smiles and snot

Lilly cried hard when I put her to bed last night - very rare for her. I think she was just so tired and not feeling good. But she had a good night - slept almost 13 hours. Only woke up once and just wiggled around quietly for awhile. (And that was the only time she set off the pulse ox.) Her fever was gone by morning. Thank you God! She was full of smiles for me when I got her up.

She had a bit of a congested sounding cough when she got up. But I suctioned out a lot of stuff then did a nebulizer treatment. She hasn't coughed since. Just lots of congestion in her head. (But it's staying there pretty good - here nose isn't running too often.) I can't hear anything different in her chest when I listen with my stethoscope.

Yesterday I was so sure we'd be heading to the emergency room last night that I partially packed. (And as my daughter T. pointed out - if I packed then I wouldn't need to go.) Though I'm still concerned this illness might get to that point, right now Lilly isn't doing too bad. She even laughed while in her bouncy seat at lunch. That was really exciting to hear because she hasn't done that since her last cold a month ago.

So thank you everyone for your prayers and we so appreciate you continuing. There is real power in prayer!

2 comments:

  1. What a happy, sweet, snotty blog.
    I wish I could see all those smiles and hear that laugh. Soon, I hope.

    Love, Shisshy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something was funny to her! :-D I'd love to see into that little brain!

    ReplyDelete