caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, September 19, 2011

G-tubes for dogs??!!


Lilly and her brother are continuing to slowly heal from their colds. They seem to feel the worst in the morning and then improve as the day goes by, though this morning they did pretty well. We're keeping up the nebulizer treatments for Lilly.

This morning my son asked me to print out a picture of a Kangaroo Joey feeding pump for him. While I was doing so, he went and got his stuffed dog Thorny. He said Thorny had a g-tube and needed to eat. Then my daughter got in on it and the next thing I knew, Thorny had a paper g-tube and was hooked up to a pump on a pole.

This was definitely not a game I would have ever thought up as a child!



















4 comments:

  1. Very cute! They told us in college when I was working on my Elementary Ed degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood education that a child's play is their way of making sense of the world. Your son's play is a wonderful example of this! He sees what is going on and through his play, he's learning and working through everything he's witnessing/experiencing being Lily's brother! It's a wonderful and healthy way to work through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!

    We've had quite a few dolls here with feeding tubes and syringes, but none with actual feeding pumps.

    I think the dog's turned out perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative child! How ingenious! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete