caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, September 12, 2011

How to quarantine a 3 year old?!

Sometimes when I load my camera pictures to the computer I find a couple pictures that surprise me. Today's pictures were two of those. My daughter T. really enjoys posing Lilly in different ways and photographing her.

My son H. turned 3 last Thursday. Wasn't a very good birthday for him though. Not only were Mamma and Daddy gone all day and overnight at the hospital with Lilly, but he started feeling bad and got a fever. The next day when we picked him up he felt well enough to have his birthday donut. (He likes powdered donuts better than cake.) Then the fever broke. Then came back. And now he still has a low-grade fever in addition to a lot of congestion rattling in his chest.

I feel bad for my little guy of course, but I am also getting nervous about Lilly. I'm praying constantly she won't catch it. This is just the sort of illness that sends her to the hospital. I'm not looking forward to any more near death experiences for her this year. Two were enough.

If my son hasn't shown any improvement by tomorrow, I will take him to the doctor. I've been keeping an eye out to be sure he stays away from Lilly. But he needs me. And wants to be hugged and held a lot. And of course I want to comfort him. So that means I'm washing my hands like crazy! I'm trying to remember to put a burp cloth over my shoulder and keep it between me and Lilly when I hold her. I've got my essential oil diffuser running full blast. Maybe I can keep the germs away. I've also been thinking that it might not be too bad an idea to get some of those disposable gowns nurses wear at the hospital into certain children's rooms. Perhaps it's overkill, but I don't know.

When my older daughter is sick, it's pretty easy to quarantine her. But a 3 year old doesn't understands, needs me more, and is still pretty active. Not sure what to do there in addition to praying!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Phillipians 4:6

In addition to Lilly's "super supplements" I've given her a dose of colloidal silver each day the past few days to try and keep her immune system up the best we can. Actually I have the whole family on silver right now. It is a natural antibiotic that used to be commonly used, before all the modern antibiotics came out. I learned about it initially from a post on my friend C's blog:
http://inspiration4theday.blogspot.com/2010/09/dealing-with-babys-cold.html

On a more positive note, Lilly has learned to roll from her back to her side quickly and easily now. All her little advances are cause for rejoicing around here!

5 comments:

  1. Nothing, it's really nothing! I took them months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know she was rolling over!! :) I hope you are successful in keeping Lilly free from the sickness. But the stress to the mind is what gets to me. Wishing you a clear mind for just a little while. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Lilly's able to turn to her side! Seeing little developments here and there definitely gives cause for rejoicing. May the Lord give you strength to minister to both H. and Lilly...being a mama's not easy!

    T.'s quite the photographer. I appreciate the dramatic moods and effects she captured with the camera. Maybe she should open her own studio. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture on the bed. It shows her cute little plump body. It is fun to enlarge them on my monitor screen so I can really see all the rolls.

    I was thinking about the disposable gowns, too.
    It wouldn't hurt and this could be so scary for Lilly to catch.

    Hope H is much better today.

    Love,
    Shisshy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prayed for your darling, I also believe in the power of prayer. I wish everything good for your Lilly (so cute name).

    ReplyDelete