caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lilly lockets


Weight check = 13.0 lbs.!!!!

Lilly turned 14 months old this past Sunday and now she's finally 13 pounds! She's also getting near outgrowing size 6 months clothing. Yay!
We got the GOOD news today that Lilly qualifies for the Synagis shots for free. Whew what a relief! This is the round of shots for prevention of RSV (virus) that costs over $1000 PER shot. (I think she'll get 5 or 6 shots.)

Lilly had both occupational and physical therapy today and did great. Both therapists commented that Lilly is such a hard worker. She did really well holding her head up a lot today. The PT also worked with Lilly sitting in a bumbo seat for the first time. (Thank you A.S. for loaning me M.'s chair! I'll post a picture soon.) Lilly played with beans again during the OT's session with her. Today she kept trying to put them in her mouth! We were surprised but really it was good she had that instinct.

This evening is the memorial service for the little boy Caleb that I mentioned in a couple recent posts. My aunt and cousin live in Florida, about 2 hours from where Caleb's family is. My aunt got to meet Caleb on his 2nd birthday. She and my cousin will be attending the memorial this evening and she made "Lilly lockets" for she and my cousin to wear to it. (Today's picture.) My aunt wrote: on the back side I put Lilly's name, birthdate, blog site and L'il Firecracker in Red and Blue letters.

I was recently talking to some family members about several Trisomy babies that died recently (Caleb, Lakia, and a couple others), and some not so recently (Hannah Grace and Alegria Elizabeth). My brother P. later e-mailed me later that that conversation made him think of this scripture:

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain..." - Philippians 1:20-21

Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Lilly, did you put the lamb's blood over our doors? :-/ The Angel Of Death hasn't come. But maybe he hasn't made it to Fuquay Varina. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. T. Jesus covered us in His Blood so no need for lamb's blood anymore. Hallelujah!

    Lisa,
    I thought of the same verse today as I was remember things from little Caleb's funeral. The minister celebrated that Caleb was a living sacrifice here on earth as Lilly is, having so much influence on others and touching their lives. Yes, living they Glorify Jesus and dying,now they have perfect bodies, they can breath without struggle, run, play, and eat.
    Caleb had such a an infectious smile, that it was decided that God called him to Heaven so the inhabitants there could enjoy it. I am so glad his mother took so many wonderful pictures of him. And he was Always smiling. Heaven's gain and our loss for now. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete