caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, October 14, 2011

"Lilly is Sweet"

Today's photo credit goes to my 3 year old son who got a hold of my camera and announced he wanted to take a picture of Lilly napping. I said "go ahead and try" He turned on the camera, aimed, snapped the picture, turned it back off, and handed it to me. Wow.

When I was pregnant with Lilly I didn't have any support within the Trisomy 18 community. I didn't know it existed. I only found the negative stuff online and it was so upsetting I didn't look at it much. But once Lilly showed us that she was planning on staying awhile, I joined SOFT and ordered their handbook. Through that support group I got a call from the author of their care handbook, who lives in a town near me. I was shocked when she said her daughter (who had full Trisomy 18) lived to be almost 20! Then soon after we talked she got me in contact with another new mom, who's little girl, Giuliana, was exactly one month younger than Lilly. Giuliana's mother just started a blog for her. Check out this happy little girl at: http://www.g-giftoflife.blogspot.com/ .

I've been trying to do a lot of cleaning out in the house lately and in going through a stack of papers found a poem that my older daughter wrote about Lilly earlier this year. It is entitled "Lilly is Sweet":

There is a little girl named Lilly;
And she is very cute and funny!
We think she’s very cute!
She holds her toys and talks to us;
And to our family that’s enough!
She is a little blessing;
The best one we could ever be with.
Although she can’t do everything,
We think she’s a cute little thing!
So let’s thank God for sweet little Lilly;
She’s a blessing that’s cute and silly!

2 comments:

  1. tabby rose, that is a beautiful poem!
    love,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely precious! It makes me want to cry!

    I saw this today and wanted to pass it along to you. I know you have mentioned Rick Santorum in your blog...

    http://www.lifenews.com/2011/10/14/rick-santorum-disabled-children-have-so-much-to-teach-us/

    Keep writing and taking pictures. There is nothing sweeter than these posts. And Jesus.

    Love in Christ,

    CMWH

    ReplyDelete