caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Return to the pumpkin patch

Today we went back to the local pumpkin patch for the kids to pick out pumpkins. It was thrilling to take Lilly back with us this year. Last year I had wondered if she would still be with us to do it again. (You can see my post from last year - including a picture of 6 lb. Lilly here.) The Lord has been so generous with continuing to share Lilly with us!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

Below are a couple pictures from today. (A much bigger Lilly than last year - she's almost 13 lbs. now!)

Lilly sitting amongst the pumpkins, wearing her pumpkin hat:


Super Lilly trying to lift a pumpkin:


Lilly with the pumpkin she picked out:



Lilly sitting on one of the old John Deer tractors that were at the pumpkin patch:



Ready to go home - Lilly got a sticker saying she had visited the pumpkin patch:




In other news from the week, Lilly got her first Synagis shot (for RSV (virus) protection) this past Wednesday. She's supposed to get one a month throughout flu season.


I'm continuing to add new foods to Lilly's blenderized real food diet through her g-tube. I found out that the body apparently doesn't absorb iron well from spinach if you eat spinach by itself. So I got a list of foods that help it absorb better. One thing is citrus foods like oranges. So I mixed orange juice in with her spinach. I also am melting her super healthy dark chocolate and adding that to her avocado. The other new food she had was banana mixed with yogurt. She is taking just under an ounce of food at a time. About 30 minutes before I feed her food, I give her an ounce of water. I read that this helps with digestion. She's now getting two feedings of real food a day. All her other feedings are still breastmilk. This next week I hope to add eggs and cauliflower.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe next year she can pick her own pumpkin!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete