caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy 15 months, Lilly!

Lilly turned 15 months old today! Every month older she gets still feels like a milestone. Praise the Lord! (And Happy 14 months Giuliana!)

Yesterday we went on a walking tour of Bath, North Carolina with my mother-in-law. Bath is the oldest incorporated town in North Carolina, established in 1705. The weather was beautiful - sunny and cool. Lilly toured the town in my wrap and slept the first half of our tour. We saw several old houses.

We went the oldest standing church in North Carolina, St. Thomas Episcopal Church, which was built in 1734:


Here is Lilly snoozing inside the church:




Bath is also famous for being a place where Blackbeard the pirate lived for a couple years. Here's Lilly snoozing by a sign about Blackbeard (Joseph Bonner House in the background):


Lilly finally woke up when we walked down by the Pamlico River:



Lilly enjoyed sightseeing and hopes we can go on more adventures soon!

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog today while doing some looking into trisomy 18.
    My dear friends sister will be induced this Friday. Her little girl has Trisomy 18. I pray that she will fight and live fully as your little Lily has.
    Thank you for sharing. I will keep Lily in my prayers.
    Jessica from NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and precious child! I love how she is so peaceful near her mama. Happy 15 months Lilly! You inspire me, you really do! (So does your mama!)

    Love in Christ,

    CMWH

    ReplyDelete