caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Get the junk out Lilly!

Weight check = 13 lbs. 1 oz.

Lilly is still doing well overall as her body fights the lung infection she has. She's still on an antibiotic and will be until Saturday. We're doing three nebulizer treatments a day. And lots and lots of hard back patting. (I can actually feel congestion breaking up in her as I do this to her.)

I had my 10 year old daughter "nebulize Lilly" yesterday for the first time. What a blessing to have her help! Though if you look at today's second picture you'll see that Lilly looks like she could just about nebulize herself.

Lilly has had A LOT of mucus coming out the past two days. Big traumatic spit ups - food mixed with lots of thick junk. But we're so glad it's coming out. Lord willing that means she's getting better! This morning's spit up was so messy she had to have a bath. I don't think she minded the bath part. She loves her bath!

Yesterday the genetic counselor that saw us when I was pregnant with Lilly contacted me to see if it was OK with me if she used some pictures and excerpts from this blog in an upcoming presentation she is giving to various medical and laboratory professionals in genetics. I am so excited for Lilly to be used as a positive example! (This kind woman made the red, white, and blue quilt that is behind Lilly in my blog header. You can read that story here and see a picture here.)

Here is a wonderful story about a woman with Trisomy 18 that lived to be 28 years old!
http://www.therecord.com/living/article/637360--lifetimes-mary-pickles-charmed-everyone?mid=550
Every time I see a story like this I think "why didn't I find something like this when I was pregnant with Lilly?!" Hope is a wonderful thing.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." - Romans 12:12

To "Anonymous" that asked for prayers for herself and her mother in recent comments - we are praying for your requests. ANYONE that would like us to pray for them - please follow Anonymous' example and leave your prayer requests in comments. It would be an honor for our family to pray for you.

3 comments:

  1. Carol in New ZealandDecember 13, 2011 at 3:49 PM

    You're looking good precious! So good to get all that gunk up. I'm thinking of you with love, as ever. Christmas in New Zealand is HOT and it is very hot today.
    All my love this Wednesday 14 December 2011. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You then proceeded to slowly pull your mask off, still effortlessly acting as if you were innocently "helping"! Lilly, Lilly, how/why do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really wonderful that the genetic counselor is using Lilly's story and pictures for instruction. There are some very special counselors and they are great educators for the OBs and Neonatologists.

    ReplyDelete