caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, December 26, 2011

Lilly's Christmas gifts

I was running way behind on all things Christmas this year (except our Christmas tree!) So it was Christmas Eve night when I was finally wrapping our children's gifts. We had a couple things for Lilly so I decided to go ahead and wrap them too. Then I put everything under the tree. I put Lilly's Christmas stocking out with ours too. (You can see her stocking in pictures from last Christmas here.)

After everyone was done opening presents on Christmas morning, I opened Lilly's gifts. I had bought her an insulated lunch bag with owls on it. I thought it would be the perfect size for carrying all her food and her feeding supplies with us when we went out.

For Lilly's main gift, we had bought her a 4 foot artificial Christmas tree. This was because Lilly had loved our big tree so much! So we thought we would have a special tree just for her that we left up all year long. My daughter T. and I decided we are going to go ahead with that plan. It will be a tree honoring Lilly. We want to put different decorations on it each month. We plan to set it up on New Year's Day. January will be "angel month." I'm going to hang Lilly's two angel ornaments that are hanging on our tree now on her new tree, along with a few others I had already. Plus she got two special new ones for Christmas, which I'll post about when we put the tree up. I plan to continue to get her a new angel ornament every year, for as long as I'm alive.

I'm so happy we had these gifts for Lilly. Even though she doesn't need them now, I do. :)



"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." - James 1:17





2 comments:

  1. love the tree idea...I use to keep a small tree up when my kids were little and decorate it monthly. After christmas we would cut the christmas cards we received and then use them to hang on the tree . We would pray that month for the family who sent the cards. The angel tree will be beautiful and a wonderful way to honor Lilly!
    hope you received my package.
    love you -holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lilly's tree. Its beautiful:-)

    ReplyDelete