caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, December 9, 2011

Annual angel ornament

Lilly is having a good day. She slept until 12:55 this afternoon. Didn't set the pulse ox off too much. She woke up around 1:00 a.m. last night and was talking and blowing raspberries and when I leaned over to look at her she grinned at me. I think I slept a little better after that since she was obviously feeling pretty good.

She still has plenty of rattling congestion. Though today she has coughed more and gotten some up, which is great. She had occupational therapy today and all that moving seemed to help get some more stuff up too. She worked hard and enjoyed it. The therapist and I were ready to stop her session early if she seemed tired but she didn't. She wanted to do a lot of sitting today (can't sit completely on her own yet) and reaching. This was really the best she's ever done in reaching during therapy.

After therapy I pounded her back some and got more junk out. Then she fell asleep, as she often does when I do that. She really is handling this pneumonia well. But we are continuing to be very cautious and observant. (Like we ever even get a break from that!)

I took the picture posted today this past Sunday when we decorated the tree. I gave Lilly an angel ornament with her birthstone (July) and her name engraved on it. (I give each of my children an ornament for their own each year. If you want to see Lilly's ornament from last year, click here.)

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;" - Psalm 91:11

2 comments:

  1. I like that I have a matching blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallorie has this same ornament! Too cute :-) Mallorie just prayed for Lilly, "Oh God, in the name of Jesus, Lord touch her right now!" Now she wants to type....

    jfrwqqq235cxzz21gtwq1qqqxzc

    I'm sure it says, "get well Lilly." :)

    ReplyDelete