caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, August 17, 2012

Multiplying sock monkeys

It all began with Lilly and her Crazy Sock Monkey, a present from her great-aunt on her first birthday:




Then earlier this year, I bought a game called "Where is Sock Monkey?"  T. and H. had a lot of fun playing the game with me and H. claimed the little brown monkey that came with it.  T. ended up falling in love with sock monkeys.  She bought herself a pink one.

Recently T. began worrying that Rainbow Baby did not have a sock monkey like T., H., and Lilly had.  It's funny how God can answer random wishes.  Rainbow Baby suddenly received a sock monkey from one of his grandma's:

 


Now we've got a monkey for each of our "monkeys":


I had a checkup with Rainbow Baby today.  The midwife said he felt like he was in a funny position, though thankfully still head down.  She said that can happen after a breech baby.  (Lilly was breech.)  I had not met the midwife I saw today before.  She was quite interested in talking about Lilly's story and Trisomy 18.  She was amazed that Lilly lived 17 months.  I felt so proud of Lilly telling her that and all about her.

This week as I've watched T. in her many artistic pursuits and writing stories, and H. busy with his math workbooks and hooking up circuits on his own (with batteries, alligator clips, and little lightbulbs), I thought about how different they were.  And how different from them both that Lilly was.  And I am SO curious to know that Rainbow Baby will be like.

All I know at this point, is that he behaves in the womb just like H. did.  Relatively calm, and if I put my hand on my belly when he's moving around, he stops moving.  The opposite of what T. was like.  She was extremely active, and when I'd put my hand on my belly she's push back.  Amazing how they had their personalities from the beginning.  T. is very high energy and interactive.  H. is usually calmer and focused.

I am looking at one of my Lilly "business cards" on my desk.  The scripture I have on it is one that works with all my children.  Indeed it works with every one of us.

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." - Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment