caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, August 23, 2012

What do a cupcake, rock, and tiny knitted hat have in common?

In the Trisomy angel world, we families have a special bond.  Part of that is including each other's angel children in celebrations and in other ways.  Frequently this is done through balloon releases.  I continue to be amazed at the creativity of some families!

This adorable Lilly cupcake was made by Mia's mom.  If I recall correctly, she had about 70 cupcakes representing other Trisomy angel's at a birthday/memory celebration for her angel Mia. I think Lilly's mouse is just too cute!  (The mice were made out of fondant icing.)


The family of angel Dominic is making a memory rock garden for their son.  They are adding the names of other angels on rocks in his garden.  You can see Lilly's rock in the lower right area of the photo.  I thought this was another really creative idea.

It is such a heartwarming feeling for us when someone acknowledges our angel children.  One mom said that just hearing her son's name made her feel so good.  So I appreciate being able to be a part of the Trisomy angel community.  Of course we all wish we still had our special children, but since we don't, it is good to have each other for support when we need it. If you are in need of support I encourage you to reach out!

A Trisomy mom posted a link to a website called Recover From Grief.  (http://www.recover-from-grief.com/)  I've only had a few minutes to check out their website, but see they have a lot of good ideas and resources on it.


One more special thing I wanted to share today is this adorable tiny little Kaia Angel Hat ornament.  I received it from Kaia's mom along with a beautiful card.  I printed out my favorite picture of Kaia to keep tucked into the card.  (I have a box of cards from other Trisomy families.)  I am going to hang the little ornament hat on Lilly's memorial tree.

I know that it helps in the grief process to both give and receive things. 

I hope that today's post isn't even relevant to most of you reading this.  But I like to continue to post on memory ideas because it is very helpful to some - including my own family.  I appreciate those of you who have referred people specifically to this blog to check out these ideas.  We all grieve differently, but hopefully people can find an idea or two that will help them.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

1 comment: