caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 15: Our angel

This is is my fifteenth post in a series of seventeen.  17 days of remembering Lilly's 17 months of life as we approach her one year angelversary.





"Don't need an angel on top of my tree, I already have one in heaven looking down at me."

This quote is making the rounds among the Trisomy angel parents.  I thought it was a wonderfully sweet quote to know as we rapidly approach Lilly's angelversary this coming Saturday.  Add to that, the Victorian tree topper angel I have had since I was in my teens has officially stopped working this year.  Our kids wanted a star on top instead of my broken angel topper.

Then I saw a picture of Caleb's family tree.  (Caleb lived 2 years with Trisomy 18 and became an angel last year.)  Caleb's dad put their angel boy right at the top:


I thought that was such a wonderful idea that I had to add Lilly to our tree.  She's actually dressed in an angel costume:





"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;" - Psalm 91:11

No comments:

Post a Comment