caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 17: One year ago today

This is is my seventeenth and final post in a series of seventeen.  17 days of remembering Lilly's 17 months of life.  Today is her one year angelversary.

The most horrific moment of my life was one year ago today, when I went to wake Lilly from her afternoon nap and found her dead.  (See this link for details.)  How she looked and felt is forever burned into my mind.  Yet I am so glad it was me that found her.  Driving home from a visit to Lilly's grave today, we talked about how many amazing details of Lilly's life and death that God worked out.  It really is incredible. 

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

 Frank and Hunter cleaned Lilly's gravestone, and the stone of Wendi, Frank's sister that is buried right beside Lilly:





We gave Lilly her Christmas present - a Lilly colored Christmas tree!  




Solomon was quite fussy at the graveside today.  Maybe it was good - it kept me distracted.




We all shared some of Lilly's special chocolate.  

We miss you sweet Lilly girl, but know you are in a perfect place.  We echo the verse on Lilly's gravestone:

[King David speaking after his baby died] "I will go to him, but he will not return to me.” - 2 Samuel 12:23 

3 comments:

  1. i pray for your peace, lisa, and that this next year will be a wonderful and joyful adventure with baby solomon, hunter, and tabitha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend,

    Thanks so much for continuing to share your heart on your blog. I love to read each entry and see what the Lord is doing in your heart. Thank you for sharing little Lilly with us. She has made a lasting impression on each of our hearts; we will never forget. Although I can’t even begin to imagine the pain and loss that you feel today, please know that I’m praying for your entire sweet family as you reflect on God’s amazing gift in Lilly. Her contagious smile, her simple joy, her peaceful spirit, her loving eyes, her constant perseverance, and her childlike faith spur me on to know Jesus more intimately—just like Lilly did.

    With love in Christ,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    I am so impressed with all of your blog writing. The writing is from the heart and I can feel it. On this day, I pray for you and your family. I pray for this next year to bring you and your family peace and wonderful times with the new baby and your two older ones. I admire your faith and courage to write about sweet Lily. She was a much loved little girl and is truly missed. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories.

    In His Service,
    Ronna Pernell


    ReplyDelete