caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 4: Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

This is my fourth post in a series of seventeen.  17 days of remembering Lilly's 17 months of life as we approach her one year angelversary.


Four days after Lilly was born, we had a photographer from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep come to our house.   


NILMDTS is a worldwide network of volunteers who photograph infants that are stillborn or not expected to live.


Since we left the hospital so fast with Lilly, Steve Rubin came to our home to take the pictures.  Photos are done in black and white and the service is completely free.  We also got a DVD with the pictures on it along with a song.  It always makes me cry to watch it.


 I love the NILMDTS organization and what they are doing.



We are so blessed to live in a time where there are photos.  Remembrance photography.  I can not imagine not having photographs of all my loved ones.



Steve Rubin came back to photograph our family with Lilly at her life milestones.  He came to our house again today - to photograph our new phase of life with Solomon.  LillyBear stood in for Lilly in the siblings photo shots and our family shots.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures....Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always my pleasure and absolute honor to server your family in this way. I think of Lilly often for so many reasons. She had a profound impact on her family and everyone that she touched, including me.

    ReplyDelete