caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, March 11, 2011

Flashback: The amnio decision

This is part of a series on my pregnancy with Lilly.

Our next step was to have a meeting with doctors and nurses at the hospital that Lilly would be delivered at. It seemed that whenever anyone talked to us about Lilly's probable dying, she just danced all the harder in my womb. I had a hard time listening to them as I was imagining her saying "Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah! I'm just fine!"

After everything was said at the meetings, I agreed to have an amnio done. (Up until this point I refused because I didn't see the point and don't considered them to be 100% safe.) However, shortly before this, another mother from our church e-mailed me to share her family's own painful story of their Trisomy 18 baby, which died a couple weeks before it's due date. She had had an amnio. I think knowing this, and hearing her story, helped me to finally open up to doing so. My husband continued to say he supported whatever I wanted to do.)

So, an amnio was scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment