caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

10 pounds!!!!

Lilly is smiling up at big brother and telling him that she finally weighs 10 lbs. Thank you God!! It took over 9 months to get to this point.

I have a new best friend. Lilly's pulse ox. I hooked it up to her again at nap times today. Her levels are supposed to stay over 89 and she did that during both naps (without being hooked up to oxygen). I noticed that her levels were slightly higher when she slept on her side as opposed to her tummy. Both but were good. And they tell me that I am not going to worry about that cannula right now. I am just going to keep using the pulse ox for sleeping though to monitor. And we'll see what happens.

I like the pulse ox too because it is helping me see what's going on inside Lilly and I'm able to see how her breathing and heart rate are in different situations during the day. But as useful as it is, I take the most comfort in knowing God is on the throne and watching over Lilly and that He loves her even more than I do! (How is that possible?)

"The LORD reigns; let the people tremble: he sits between the cherubims; let the earth be moved." - Psalm 99:1

3 comments:

  1. that is absolutely the SWEETEST picture yet! So precious of both.
    Is Hunter holding Lilly? Are those his fingers I see under her neck?
    I can't wait to see her!

    Love, shisshy

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go little granddaughter!

    love,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete