caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quick update

I didn't hook Lilly up to oxygen last night and we both slept better and felt better today. It's amazing how getting better sleep can make one's outlook on things!

I got the pulse ox running today and hooked up Lilly during her naptimes. She did good. Her oxygen levels only dipped under 90 one time - and that was into the mid-80s for a few seconds. (It would be interesting to hook up each person in the family some time to the pulse ox. I bet every one of us has some sort of dip while we sleep.)

In yesterday's post when I mentioned how much we're paying to rent the oxygen equipment and pulse ox I neglected to say that we will be reimbursed. We don't have health insurance. But we're in a Christian medical needs sharing group called Samaritan Ministries. So far with Lilly - every cent of her medical bills have been completely reimbursed to us by Samaritan members, except for her perscriptions. So even though we're paying out thousands of dollars a month for Lilly's bills, we get reimbursed quite promptly.

2 comments: