caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Subscribe to posts option and No Problem!

My brother P. set up a subscribe option on this blog so that you can get an e-mail alert when there is a new post. If you would like to save some time checking for updates, then just sign up by providing your e-mail address. You can do so at the top right area, under "current prayer requests." Thanks P.!

Lilly went back on the additional antibiotic on Friday. She was starting to get a little cough and extra mucous again. Perhaps it was allergies but maybe something more. It made me a bit nervous, since I know she needs to stay extra healthy in order to be allowed the g-tube surgery next month. (And she needs that! She's been pulling the NG tube out of her nose much more frequently lately.) So back on the antibiotic for 10 days. She's sounding better already.

In today's picture Lilly is surrounded by handmade super soft cloth diapers. They were all generously sent by E. and J., a couple in the Bradley method birthing class that my husband and I took several years ago when I was pregnant with my son. Thank you E. that was so sweet of you! Lilly has already been getting a lot of use out of them.

"No problem!" Have you ever noticed how common this expression has become? Almost no one says "you're welcome" anymore! Say "thank you" and 9 times out of 10 you will get "no problem" in response. My husband and I have joked about this in the past, but recently when Lilly and I spent 3 days at the hospital for tests and appointments, I noticed that just about everyone responded to my "thank you" with "no problem." Why?? So pay attention to that next time you're out and about and count how many times you hear "no problem!" :)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE the diaper that Lilly is wearing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the diapers ARE cute... I really LOVE those fat little legs in the photo!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete