caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Can't get him off my mind ...

Lilly has had a very calm last couple of days. She hardly napped at all on Monday and has been catching up on sleep ever since. She's continuing to sleep well through the night!

Because of that I am also being blessed to sleep through the night as I've found a way to deal with Lilly's heavy night time wetting. Since she's on continuous feed that means that she really fills up those diapers fast. I had been changing her diaper at least once a night so that she wouldn't leak everywhere. But now that problem has been solved. The trick I've found is to use a disposable in the next size up. So it holds more and combined with a diaper cover, she stays leak-free until morning. Yay! I'm still cloth diapering her during the day.

Recently I was reading the blog of another Lily with Trisomy 18. (We call her "The Other Lily" or "The Lily with one "L". To see the blog of "The Other Lily" go to: http://iseeloveblog.blogspot.com/ ) Her mama posted about a Trisomy 18 boy that is up for adoption from Russia. He is FOUR years old! And living in an orphanage. This little guy must be so strong to have survived this long. I just can't get him out of my head and wish desparately we were in a position right now to adopt him so that he would know what it feels like to be loved. (I surprised myself thinking that since just recently I basically told my older daughter that she was crazy for wanting to pray to have or adopt Trisomy 18 children when she grows up because it's so heartbreaking.) To see a picture of this little boy and to read about him go to: http://reecesrainbow.org/shaun-etkf-region-3

Please pray for Lilly's little friend Faith. She is the one that had jaw distraction surgery weeks ago. She is still in the hospital. Her jaw is now crooked and they are going to have to cut her jaw again tomorrow to try and get it straight. (I think this family deserves a refund!) One wonderful blessing though is that the initial surgery was a success in making it possible for Faith to sleep without needing extra oxygen. Faith's blog is: http://littlefaithtobigfaith.blogspot.com/

"The will of the Lord be done." - Acts 21:14

2 comments:

  1. I want that little guy! That's all I can EVER think about now, Lilly.
    Maybe we could name him Toby!
    What do you think, Lilly?
    He needs help!

    Love,
    Big sister Tabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. little granddaughter,
    it will be nice when you get your gtube and don't have to bother with the NG tube taped to your pretty litte face. know it will be more comfortable too.
    love,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete