caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Physical therapy evaluation

Lilly has a special new chair. It helps hold her upright. She was fascinated sitting and seeing things from a different view. This is a "special needs" baby chair that a grandma makes and sells on Ebay. It's good practice for her to sit in it, though I'm limiting her time in it until she is more used to it.

Lilly had an evaluation for physical therapy this morning. My favorite part of the service is that they come to our house! Lilly showed what she could do and then was scored. Physically she is about at a one month old's level. I would say "poor Lilly" but she doesn't know any better. Next month, a physical therapist will begin coming to the house once a week to work with Lilly. In the meantime, we are to work with her on getting her to turn her head to the left, which she doesn't care to do often.

Lilly's new oxygen machine is one noisy piece of equipment. It sounds like a super loud window air condition unit, which makes a clicking type noise every 6 seconds. Lilly gets M-A-D when I tape on the cannula and push it up her tiny nose. (I don't blame her - she already has the NG tube taking up space in there.) Taping is proving to be difficult because she already has the big piece of tape on her face holding the NG tube. I'm experimenting to see what the smallest amount of tape we can use to get by is. I guess we'll have to try big pieces tonight though because the cannula came out last night and at naptime today. Poor baby. All in all it is just frustrating me right now. It's just one more big deal thing to deal with. Wah wah wah - right? I need to be quiet and just be thankful I still have my Lilly.

[Jesus speaking] “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

I wasn't thinking yesterday, but I assume the pulse ox will have an alarm on it, so I don't need to keep checking it once it's set. Thank you everyone that e-mailed me with suggestions.

Now I'm off to feed Lilly a little pureed avocado ...

3 comments:

  1. I love the chair! Daddy is kind of into the same situation trying out a regular wheel chair this week for the first time. Keep up the good work Lilly. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now she can sit next to ME at the table!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS PICTURE. SHE LOOKS SO GROWN UPISH! AT FIRST I THOUGHT SHE WAS HOLDING A POCKET BOOK.

    SHISSHY

    ReplyDelete