caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Capture Your Grief - Days 22 - 24

Yesterday morning when we went outside for our nature walk, I glanced towards the fenced goat area.  I could see West, one of the Great Pyrenees (aka protector of the goats) standing there with something white hanging from her mouth.  Uh oh.  Upon closer inspection my "uh oh" was confirmed.  It was a part of our chicken named Houdini's Brother.  West proceeded to quickly eat the rest of the chicken when Tabby tried to at least get the foot so she could bury it.  This has been a bad couple weeks for the Houdini chicken family.  Though I suppose West is happy.  You can see photos of this beautiful Delaware chicken here on Tabby's blog.  "Why," Tabby sobbed through her tears, "Do only my favorite chickens have to die?  Why not the mean ones?" 

Life is just like that, isn't it?

Day 22: Words.
Share your favorite quote, poem, lyrics, or scripture.

I didn't take a photo of this, so just imagine it in your mind.  I want to stencil it onto a wall in our house somewhere.  Probably over Lilly & Jesus's portrait hanging over our piano:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

Amazing thought isn't it?  That God will take even the bad things in our life and make them good in some way?
 
Day 23: Jewelry.
Do you have a piece of jewelry in memory of your baby?



Not long after Lilly died, I posted about my memorial jewelry here.  I still wear my necklace daily.  Since my initial post I have added another charm to it - a heart with a mom and young child hugging. And almost every Sunday I wear my Lilly-colored bracelet and matching earrings.  My bracelet matches the one that Lilly had, except mine also has a little heart charm on it with tiny footprints on it.  The bracelet and earrings are from Six Sister Beadworks (link to Etsy site) which is made by a friend and fellow Trisomy 18 angel mama. (She started making memorial jewelry after her T-18 son was stillborn.)

Day 24: Artwork.
After your baby died, did you create or receive some artwork to honor your child?


 My favorite birthday present ever.  My husband paid a former art teacher at the school he works at to do this pastel portrait of Lilly in the arms of Jesus for me.  (You can read the story here.)  The artist's name is Aimee Cuthrell.  (Read my post about Aimee here.  Aimee's website is here.)  The portrait is hanging over the piano I played on as a child and that Tabby is now practicing daily on.  This is in our dining room so we get to eat all our meals with Lilly and Jesus too.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment