caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Capture Your Grief - Days 6 & 7 & 8 and ruffle scarf benefit

Day 6: Ritual.
What is something meaningful done on special dates.


My husband and I have a ritual of always wearing "Lilly colors" on the 4th and 15th of each month.  (Lilly was born July 4, died December 15.)  My husband wears his Lilly-colored tie to work.  I like wearing my Hello Kitty shirt that matched one Lilly had.

We also continue to change the decorations on Lilly's tree on the 4th of every month.  This month's theme is owls and pumpkins.


Day 7: You Now.
Where are you in your grief journey right now. 


Sunday marked the one year anniversary of our living in our "Lilly colored farmhouse."  I was extremely anxious about moving out of the house Lilly had lived in and leaving the town that was full of Lilly memories.  However, our moved has proven to be one of the best things we could have done for our healing process.

Overall I am at a much better place than I was a year ago.  I don't cry as often or feel so sad.  There still are "triggers" that surprise me at times and make me tear up.  But from what I understand from other parents who have lost children, this will always be the case.

Day 8:  Color.
What color/s represent your child?

Mike, The Liberty Bear by Cindy McGuire
I guess just about any reader of this blog can answer this question.  Red-white-and-blue in honor of Lilly's 4th of July birthday! 

I saw this Lilly-colored bear in a catalog and thought it was so oddly cute.  A bit of a different looking bear, just like Lilly was a bit of a different looking girl. (I saved the picture from the catalog but can't afford the $100+ cost of the bear!)

Fundraiser for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep:

Thinking of Lilly colors and this month being Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, I asked Tabby to make several Lilly-colored ruffle scarves for me to sell.  Or - you can call them "Americana colored" or "Patriotic."  ;)  I am asking $10.00, which includes shipping.  One-hundred percent of every purchase will be donated to Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, the group that gives the gift of remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby.  Here is a scarf sample:


If you would like to buy a scarf, just let me know!  Use my regular e-mail address if you have it, or you can e-mail me at LittleFirecrackerLilly   (a t)  gmail . com   Thank you for your consideration about this great cause!

By the way, Tabby is doing a "31 Days" posting for this month.  Her theme is Lord of the Rings.  (I've lost track of how many times she has read through J.R.R. Tolkein's series!)  So if you're a fan or are interested, be sure to click on over to The Goat Chick!

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." - Psalm 91:4

No comments:

Post a Comment