caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

The Saturday before Lilly passed away, I did a photo shoot with all three of our children for our Christmas cards. After that I did a photo shoot with Lilly in her new fancy red tutu dress and headband. (I got them here on Etsy.) I'm so grateful to have these pictures! My intention was to save them and post them on Christmas day. So I am doing just that now. Isn't she sooooo adorable?!

This morning I was thinking about Mary giving birth to Jesus. It seems that very early on she understood that the special purpose for her baby would involve suffering. And yet she responded to the angel's message: “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” - Luke 1:38. I admire her faithfilled response to God's soverign will.

We are grateful, that in God's kindness, He allowed Lilly to die so peacefully, in her sleep. Lilly did not suffer in death.

We still miss her greatly and her absense makes us sad of course, but we are thankful beyond words that she did not suffer in dying.

Everyone is asking how we are doing. Well this Christmas didn't go as planned of course. But we are doing well overall. Posting these pictures of Lilly today really made me smile. And miss her chubby rolls! It gives us immense comfort to know that Lilly is celebrating this day with her Lord and Father and she is perfect.

Merry Christmas Lilly! We love you forever!









9 comments:

  1. These pictures are so precious! Merry Christmas to your family from the Cooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am soooo glad you took these pictures ahead of time. I was so sad to think there might not be any Christmas pictures of Lilly this year. I should have known that our overly organized Lisa would have already done this.

    Speaking of Mary and what might have been going on in her mind:
    Since being a mother, these 2 scriptures started really hitting my heart,
    Luke 2:29 and 51. I am sure you can identify with her here, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I know you're glad to have them. I've been thinking & praying for all of you, especially today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES Lisa ... she is adorable and what a treasure these pictures are for you and your family!
    I have been thinking of you everyday since Lilly's passing and even more so today as we celebrate Christ's birth.
    I wanted to share a poem written by a young boy who had muscular dystrophy and died at age 13, Matti J.T. Stepanek.
    "The season is upon us now, Let us enter, here is how...
    Come in joy to celebrate.
    Come in hope for future's sake.
    Come in gently, open-hearted.
    Come for unborn, and departed.
    Come in happiness and mirth.
    Come with faith that serves the earth.
    Come in kindness, come forgiving.
    Come to share the gift of living.
    Come in patient, calm, assuring.
    Come with grace and trust enduring.
    But most of all, let's come in peace,
    The dark of angry hurt, release.''


    Remembering the birth of Christ but more importantly HIS death, the reason he came to earth!

    Lilly now celebrates Christmas everyday with Christ our Lord!

    Embracing you in my heart & prayers - holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. we will have even more reason now to celebrate the christmas season. not just Christ's birth, but also Lilly's birth as a new creation....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tabby&Lilly4ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a special treasure to have these pictures and to have you share them with all of us. Lilly looks wonderful in red and truly festive. She lived her life to the fullest and continues to inspire. May the Lord grant you peace and blessed assurance.

    With love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lilly looks so beautiful in these photos! I am so sorry that she is no longer physically with you. I'm praying for you and your family. May God's love comfort your hearts and minds!

    Rima

    ReplyDelete
  9. been thinking about these pictures for several days and had to revisit this blog page. such pretty pictures...

    ReplyDelete