caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, December 10, 2011

What a weird illness!

Look at Lilly's smile in these first two pictures. Does that look like the face of a girl that is sick? This pneumonia - or whatever it is - that Lilly has is so strange. She does tire a little more easily. But other than that, it is business as usual for her. She's happy, chatty, tolerating her feeds well, loving her stretching and practicing sitting, and sleeping well.

The only evidence we can see/hear of her being sick is that we can hear her congestion rattling off and on. Today has been good - she has been coughing even more and getting some junk out.

(Last picture) Lilly enjoyed being outside this afternoon as we put up some Christmas lights and garland. Our lights are pretty pitiful - just about every string has burnt out sections. But hopefully the overall effect at night will be fine.

One of my special Lilly prayers has been to stop and thank God for that exact moment with Lilly. I have been praying that a lot extra today, after talking to a woman today that is honoring her angel baby, Lakia, today on her first birthday. (She died in September, at 8 momths. Trisomy 18.)

I have been learning to do that prayer for many more things in my life. Another Lilly Lesson.

Thank you God for this moment. For my warm sleeping baby in my lap. For all the people reading this that pray for Lilly. For caring about us so much you sent your son to die for us. In Jesus name, Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Please pray for sales to increase at Kmart so that I can work there. Please pray for healing for my mom of high blood pressure and arthritis as she is 74. Thanks for your prayers and be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love a happy smiling baby! :) And yes, Lilly and this year 2010 have taught me to love each moment.

    ReplyDelete