caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, December 23, 2011

Surrounded by lilies

We have received quite a number of beautiful flowers and plants in honor of Lilly. The majority have lily flowers in them! We love them! They smell so wonderful in the house and brighten up the rooms they are in.

I need help solving a mystery. We have one bouquet that I don't know who it's from! Please scroll down to the second picture and if it from you - please let me know in the comments section or email me. I would feel terrible not getting a thank you note out to this person. For some reason I'm wondering if it is from someone who has brought food to us. But I just can't remember.

My brain is seriously not functioning well right now. I am having a terrible time remembering things and it is frustrating. But I imagine that will get better soon.

I've been pondering the following two questions today.

1) There are widows, widowers, and orphans. Why is there no name for parents that lose their children?

2) When someone asks how many children do we have, how do I answer? Two with us and one with Jesus?

I don't know. I think I'll go back to wandering through the house and looking at all the flowers!

[Jesus speaking] "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?'So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." - Matthew 6:27-29

6 comments:

  1. Definitely 2 with us and 1 with Jesus...or some version of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brain is doing the same. i'm feeling disoriented, confused and am forgetting many things. the other day i found i had put a bag of cheese in the freezer. i do believe it's God way of protecting us emotionally. so we don't try and deal with all the circumstances of lilly's passing all at once. rather just a little at a time.

    i have seven grandchildren. six who are living and one with Jesus. that is what i told T last week when she said "mah mah, you only have six grandchildren now."

    thinking of all our beloved family and friends who are with the Lord and their fussing over lilly. yesterday a friend reminded me that linda c. probably had lilly on her lap. and of course there is anna c.

    yes, my brain is only functioning at minimum capacity right now. at first i was panicked but now i am thankful. God is good.

    sending love and lots of prayers for us all...

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ponder very understandable questions and I think it's perfectly fine that your brain is relaxing a little bit. You have spent more than 17 months nurturing a baby with a serious illness and your brain hasn't had much rest. Have mercy on yourself as you travel down this road of loss. I think I would be asking many of the same questions if I were in similar circumstances.

    Love in Christ,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll always be yours. If I'm a mom to my baby boy at almost 25 weeks pregnant, which with how I worry if he's moving too much or too little or if I'm drinking enough water I know I am, then you're Lilly's mom and always will be. You have three children: two still under your care, and one safely in the arms of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ) When someone asks how many children do we have, how do I answer? Two with us and one with Jesus?

    I LOVE THIS! MAYBE, " 2 LIVING with us and 1 LIVING with Jesus!

    What a beautiful answer!

    ReplyDelete