caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, November 15, 2012

2 and 11



Today Solomon turned 2 months old.  Today marks the 11th month since Lilly passed away.  Our rainbow boy has taken some of the sting out of "The 15th" though of course we still miss our Lilly, and always will.

Solomon has some things in common with his big sister Lilly.  Neither of them like/liked to sleep with their arms under the blankets:



Notice in Lilly's picture she also has pulled a "sneaky Lilly!"  (sock off)

Solomon has found the couch corner to be a good place to chew on his fingers, just like big sister Lilly did:



I read the other day that "one thing to NEVER say to a grieving parent" is that "their child is in a better place."  I imagine that is true for many.  But knowing that that brings me more comfort in my missing Lilly than anything else - knowing that she is in a "better place."  I know you had another perfect day in heaven, my sweet Lilly girl ....

3 comments:

  1. I think it is the easy answer that people do not like about that comment but I agree it what brings me the most peace. Love the sweet pictures of both you sweet children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. solomon, you are growing up so fast! love this new picture of you and will show it to pa.

    so thankful you are a comfort to mama and the rest of your family.

    love,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete
  3. revisited that first pic of solomon and realized he has lilly's crooked little smile...

    ReplyDelete