caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, November 26, 2012

My Irish Lilly girl and The Craftsy Kitty

I am very honored to share that Lilly's story is now a part of a new support website in Ireland!  It is called "Every Life Counts." (http://www.everylifecounts.ie/) The theme:

"A place where parents can share their memories, their stories, their love and their pain; where their children are remembered and cherished; and where we acknowledge that every life counts."

You can read about their outreach here.

I was recently contacted by Una, who had come across Lilly's blog online, and she asked my permission to post about Lilly on their website.  Of course I said "yes!"  I thought she did a wonderful job on Lilly's page, which you can view here.  It makes me so proud to see Lilly's face smiling back at me when I go to that page.

Part of my background is Irish.  So when I shared with Una that Lilly had Irish blood, she replied "she comes from good stock."  :) 

Another new blog has been started by none other than my daughter Tabby.  This is a girl that simply HAS to create.  Doing crafts is a part of most every day for her.  She recently decided to try selling some of her things in honor of Lilly.  She has listed the things she has for sale on her blog "The Craftsy Kitty".  "Kitty" is a play on her nickname "Tabby."  (Tabby cats.)  Directions on how to order items are at the top right area of her blog.

One thing that she will be selling that she has yet to list are her famous "chollipops."  These are chocolate lollipops that she makes in a candy mold.  Available flavors: dark chocolate, light chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, and white chocolate with crushed candy canes.  She has a lot of different candy/lollipop molds.  I think she will be asking 75 cents per chollipop.  Discounts for larger orders.  I need to remind her she also has several molds that are for the pretzel rods with the chocolate on them.  YUM!!!

Another thing she is still getting together to sell are nature note card sets.  She loves taking nature pictures.  I suggested she sell note card sets with some of these pictures.  A blue bird themed set and also a flower set are in the making.  More varieties to come.  Of course I know handwritten notes are a dying art - but she and I think they should not be!  We still get a thrill when we get an actual letter in the mail!  Don't you?  :)

"Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name." - 1 Chronicles 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment