caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Recently my boys and I were driving home one evening and I turned classical station on.  We listened in silence for a few minutes and then Hunter asked "What does this song make you think of?"  I said "Well, it sounds both beautiful and sad to me.  What does it make you think of?"  He said "It makes me think of Lilly."  It was interesting to find out what the piece was - it was Schumann's "Scenes from Childhood."  (You can listen to it on this YouTube clip.)

Ever since that evening, it seems that Hunter has been thinking about Lilly and talking about her more than usual.  He has been drawing pictures of Lilly.  Here is one he did of "Lilly at her house":


That's Lilly in the bottom left area. 

Last month, for Pregnancy Loss and Infant Awareness Month, quite a number of Trisomy angel moms all lit candles at the same time one night, in remembrance of our angels.  It was called the "Wave of Light."  Jordan's mom recently posted this framed and matted picture of her candles, and the names of angel children written on the mat:



Lilly's name ("Lillian Eva") is at the top.  I am grateful for the Trisomy community I am part of online. 

I am participating in a special angel rememberance project for Christmas.  But I'll have to share more about that later, I just realized that Solomon has leaked in my lap.  Babies can be so messy!  But so can we - just in different ways . . . .

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful song. You know I dubbed a song "Lilly's song" myself a few months ago. I sob when I hear it but it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete