caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 1: Learning about Lilly

This is my first post in a series of seventeen.  17 days of remembering Lilly's 17 months of life as we approach her one year angelversary.

My first ultrasound when I was pregnant with Lilly was on January 11, 2010.  We did not find out if she were a boy or girl - she was too abnormally small for the technician to tell.  We found out that instead she had several "soft markers" of a genetic disorder we had never heard of.  Trisomy 18.


On March 18, 2010, I had a second ultrasound.  This time we learned that our baby was a girl.  That the Trisomy 18 "markers" were still there.  And that she had a heart problem.


There were no problems in our hearts in loving Lilly dearly already. 

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; . . ." - Jeremiah 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment