caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Turkeys on the tree

I feel like such a bad mommy - we just decorated Lilly's tree for the month today - a week later than we wanted too.  But it is done, though I think we'll need to make a few more turkeys to fill in.  (Turkeys are this month's theme.)  We had to get new lights again - our last string burned out.  Here is the tree:


Each Thanksgiving, I have the children draw a "turkey hand" and we put it in a notebook.  I copied the two I had done of Lilly's hand (2010 and 2011) and put them on the tree:



I like how Lilly's hand turkeys show her growth - not only in size, but in how she wasn't clenching her forefinger as much.  (Many children with Trisomy 18 keep their hands clenched.  It loosens up as they grow, though mom's of older children have told me that when their T-18 child gets sleepy, they often softly clench their hands again.)

Hunter made a big turkey for the tree with cardstock and popsicle sticks:



Tabby made the turkey topper with a tiny flower pot and pipe cleaners:


No comments:

Post a Comment